How to tackle that mountain of photos?

I know alot of people feel overwhelmed by the back log of photo's they have to scrap and I used to feel that way too, but now I've hit upon a recipe that works really well for me.

I try to get at least one layout a week done, but for you it might be one a day or one a month. What I do is divide my scrapping into three categories, OLD (catch up), NEW (most fun) and finally RETOUCH. I'll explain these, don't worry.

So I allow myself to tackle as many OLD projects or catch up ones as I like! This could be photo's of my son as a baby or my wedding, or the album of me or more pages for in my mum's album. These all need to be done so if I feel like doing only old photo's for any period of time I DO!

Then I'll concentrate on doing at least one NEW project layout for the month. These are the ones I have the most fun with because my photography style (and that of my scrubbie) has evolved somewhat into more of a story telling than the snapshots it used to be. These are the photos where I'm planning the layout as I take the photos, so they're definitely the most fun. In alot of cases I've dressed the kids to match papers I have...

And finally my RETOUCH category, I keep these projects aside for when I don't have alot of time to dedicate to my scrapbooking but really want to sit down and do something. This is when I go back over old layouts and add to them to improve the look of the layout. I know alot of designers say you shouldn't do this as it showcases how your styles change. But for me my scrapbooks are a gift to my grandchildren and great grandchildren so I want them to be as beautiful as I can.

To keep the inspiration flowing I recommend not scrapping chronologically. I know you should organise the photos in that manner, but I tend to jump around all over the place (chronologically speaking). By picking out photos that stir my creative juices I can stay excited about my scrapbooking and less like its a chore I have to complete.

They say "She who dies with all her scrapbooks completed lives on forever" at this rate I'll never get there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby