Stamps, Stamps lots of Stamps

I was very naughty this weekend. I was at my local K-Mart and they had a box of stamps in a kit..... well the price wasn't that reasonable at $59.00 but with over 150 stamps in the kit plus two alphabet sets including numerical..... how could I resist? There are so many sets in this lot: Flowers, love, wedding, baby, girl, boy, birthday, heritage, animals! And best of all they're clear mounted so they're more economical on storage space and it's really easy to see where you're placing your stamp.

I know $59.00 is not very miserly of me. But sometimes you have to spend a larger amount of money for the overall saving. I know that purchasing 150 stamps even at $1 each (cheapest price I've found for a single stamp) would still cost me $150 then there's the alphabet sets to consider... Usually $4.95 each? So all things considered it was a very miserly purchase.

I think stamps are one of the best purchases you can make as they allow you to create matching papers, ribbons and embellishments really easily... They're one of those purchases that you can use over and over and over again.

I can't wait to use them! I've had a dabble and experimented with inks and felts and embossing powders to see what happens. Now I'm especially looking forward to creating my own papers and matching embellishments. I have some really cute embellishments for a bithday party (gift from a girlfriend for my birthday) but I've been unable to find a pink orange and lime green paper I liked to go with them.... now I'll just make it myself...

Maybe I can start it this week with a little bit of help....

My eldest starts Grade 1 tomorrow and my daughter (youngest) goes back to day care two days a week so I can do some work, but I'm really looking forward to the other three days so she and I can sit down and do some stamping together. (She's 2 and a half and loves stamping..... hmmm almost as much as she loves scrapbooking!)...

So that reminds me of all the things I have to get ready before school tomorrow so I'd better go.... I'll post tomorrow on how it went... I have a feeling he'll be fine but me... I'm not so sure of! Good thing the school gave a box of tissues with the school books.... Think I'll need them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby