Two Peas Monday Blogger - What's Your Style?

Today's Challenge from Two Peas ~ Let's talk Groove. How would you best describe your style? (Taken from the Find your groove book) Clean lines Graphic Eclectic Classic Shabby or Old World Hip and Trendy Anything Goes

I love these sorts of questions as they really make you sit back and examine your work. I have a very Eclectic style I have decided. Each layout is different and incorporates elements from different design styles. I actually try very hard to do each layout as a different style as I think it helps with my overall creativity. I will do a layout in a particular style if I think it suits the photos and mood then change styles for the next layout.

I am however noticing a trend towards a very feminine bling style for my little girl pages and a more structured graphic look for my litte boy pages. I LOVE flowers and bling and gold and silver elements. So based on the above list I'm an "Anything Goes" kinda scrapper.

I love "shabby chic" style the most though and have decorated my daughters bedroom in this style and have used scrapbooking techniques on her wardrobe and door name plate but very rarely use this style in my scrapbooking as I usually have photos of both kids together and I don't think my son suits a shabby chic style so much.

Try challenging yourself by applying a style to your next layout that you wouldn't normally do. A few months back (refer to past posts for more details) I did this by having my best scrapbuddy choose my papers and "sketch" for me and I had to work within that. It was really great for me as it has pushed me to be a little more adventurous in my PP choices. The basic layout or sketch she chose for me wasn't out of my comfort zone but the paper choices were defintely out of my comfort zone. Now just from that one exercise I have found a big leap in my creativity and in the overall finished product of my layouts.

Comments

Colleen said…
I always love a good challenge and that one with your friend sound like a good one!

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby