Lil Chef Birthday Party.

Last Weekend I did a fabulous birthday party for my second child DD1. She had a little chef party. We made aprons and chef's hats for all the girls as well as recipe books and show bags. Each child got a little rolling pin, cheese grater, whisk and wooden spatula (of course I decorated everything to match my theme). I also made two little boxes. One for their cupcake and one for their cookie. (I used McDonald's nugget box and cafe takeaway boxes as templates). I used a cupcake theme for the party because of some great cupcake stamps I had and used the kaiser cupcake mini album as a template to make my recipe books. My cricuit came in very handy!

The kids made their own food for the party too which meant less work for me in the kitchen. They cut out a cookie from cookie dough and decorated this cookie and a cupcake using lollies and icing and decorations and they made a mini pizza each.

The room was decorated using paper lanterns (these are very cheap at the discount stores). I had some blue ones from my wedding vow renewal ceremony so just had to get some pink ones.  This meant my colour theme was pink and blue so I made two teams to compete against each other (aka masterchef) and handed out trohies at the end of the day.  We also made a cartoon to introduce the party and the tasks they would be completing.

















It was really popular with all our little guests and I highly recommend it as a party idea.  The invitations were also loved by the girls and several have kept them as keepsakes.  My chef helper in the kitchen also set the tone for the day. By having my godson there in his chef kit it looked really professional.  I am planning on doing an instructional video on the invitations recipe books etc so keep an eye out on YouTube for that!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby