Happy Holidays - A Christmas Layout

I haven't had much time to post lately. It's school holidays here so I'm trying to keep the kids occupied.... which is somewhat hampered by all the rain we've had since Christmas. Now this is a really sticky topic around here as we're in such desperate need of the rain that none of us mums are game to wish out loud for a sunny day but we're all secretly crossing our fingers. Anyway with all the visiting of friends and going to the movies etc I haven't been home much to do any scrapbooking let alone blog. I have burnt the midnight oil a couple of times though to complete a present for my girlfriend for her birthday. (A folder to store report cards and class photos for own every year of school from pre-school to grade 7 AND another box of handmade cards). Consequently I'm getting a little antsy to get to some of my own projects... So this evening I did some digi scrap to help get me by. This layout took aroud 15 minutes to complete and the kit I used was called "Seasonal Sampler" and can by downloaded at Shabby Princess. http://www.shabbyprincess.com/default.asp. I love the designs she has as they're so well co-ordinated and beautiful. I think the most amazing thing about the designs you find here is the quality and quantity of stuff you get in her kits, even the free ones, which this one was).

This photo was taken in front of our house. The local council put a santa in a sleigh and he is driven through all the streets of Redcliffe and he gives out lollies to the kids. I LOVE this tradition. I think I'm going to start my own tradition and try and do a scrapbook page about each of the kids wishes for Christmas each year to see how their desires change over the years. I also tend to do a double page spread of all the opened gifts so they can go back through the albums to remember when they got things.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby