You make me so very happy.


Here are two layouts I created using the Kaisercraft Botanicals range.  I was shopping with my oldest daughter with her christmas money and she wanted to buy herself this dress and then while we were there I noticed outfits that match for my other two children so I just had to get them.. as any addicted scrapbooker will understand... photos with co-ordinating outfits making scrapbooking your page so much easier... So one morning Miss 4 gets up and is DETERMINED to wear this dress (with the dots)... so rather than fight with her and have a cranky child all day over something so trivial, or repress her nature and keep her clean all day I just dressed the other kids in their co-ordinating outifts and headed for the park.  For an impromptu shoot  we did pretty good I think.  LOL

The second layout "You Make Me So Very Happy" is one I did for Australian Scrapbook Ideas Magazine. In fact that month I did two layouts on the theme "Use a Song Title" for your layout. This one didn't make it in but you can see my other layout "Little Ray of Sunshine" here soon. I've always loved doing song titles for my layouts. Each of my children has a special song I sung to them as a baby so I like to scrapbook pages that reflect that.   My Beginners and Intermediate Scrapbook classes focus on this "memory keeping" aspect of scrapbooking. I know most scrapbookers have moved away from that to an art form but I still like to do my layouts as a memory for my children and a keepsake for my grandchildren and great grandchildren. Someone said to me that they don't do it for their kids as their kids aren't interested (being boys) which I think is kinda sad. My son is very interested in his past and in mine and my mother's and grandmothers... But even if your children aren't interested maybe your grandkids will be overjoyed to find such valuable treasures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby