Mixed Media Canvas - Friendship





 This mixed media canvas was alot of fun! I used the Bo Bunny Isabella papers and trinkets along with lace and other pretty buttons. I created this canvas for a girlfriend of mine who liked a canvas I had done for my outdoor area. As she was moving away I wanted to give her something I'd created to show her how much I appreciate her friendship.  As the one she liked was looking a little tired I couldn't just give her that one so I did another one inspired by it to go above her bed and this is what I came up with. I painted the background with pale pink acrylic shimmer paint then using a TCW Stencil and charcoal glimmermist I misted the background. Then I used the acrylic paint with some texture paste and another TCW stencil to create some dimension with the pink swirl.  Kaisercraft rub-ons and wooden ornate gates (painted with chrome spray paint) were used to embellish and journal the canvas. I used the Tim Holz Sizzix Die with the key, lock and gate hinge to create the gate hinge and lock using foil cardstock and then an embossing folder on the lock to create more texture.  I then used art glitter glue to create the butterflies on acetate and of course made all of the flowers. I used my cricut cartridge "Flower Shoppe" to cut the flowers and then formed them into solid 3D flowers.   The cherub was from a Dollar store christmas embellishment pack.

So now it's pretty hard for her to forget us with this hanging above her bed..... And probably for her hubby too!   Lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby