Organising your scrapspace





I'm listening to the podcast at paperclipping.com today and loving the tips and hints by Tim Holtz. Love his stuff! This topic is about techniques and how different people are set up in their space to do the messy stuff.

So I thought I'd share my ideas. I have a $2 plastic tablecloth from the $2 shop covering one table space for stamping on and I have a large box that I put on my table as a spray booth for when I'm spraying or painting. This box closes up and goes under the table when not in use ..... or sometimes I leave it under the table and work there if my table is full! LOL.

I have another table for my cricuit, big shot, heat gun, mini iron, hot glue gun and a mat to work on there.(It's a two tier table, cricuit on the top shelf). There are shelves above it with my cartridges, dies and glimmermists to be stored.

My main table that I work at was our TV cabinet. We had one of those really large rear projection TV's and I had a capenter make us a unit to store all the DVD's etc etc and then hubby got himself a new TV and guess what? It didn't fit in the cabinet??? So lucky me it's now my scrapping table. We took the piece off the top and dropped it down between the two side cabinets and it is now my table. The shelf under it which was for the DVD player and Wii now holds all my things I want to put my hands on quickly (paper trimmer, score-pal, adhesives and ribbons) We backed the table with peg board (painted pink) and I store EVERYTHING I want to put my hands on right there in front of me. The shelves either side hold everything else like paper, stamps and inks etc etc. Behind me is a sewing table which will one day hold a sewing machine. It currently holds all my projects in waiting.. (I have lots of ideas swirling around all the time so I have probably 5 or 6 projects waiting for me to get to at any one time)  I have decorated the area in pink and brown to pull the space together. My main cupboard, work space was a chocolate brown colour and rather than sand it back and paint it another colour I just used a Kaisercraft stamp (same one I've used in my Christmas layouts for Australian Scrapbook Ideas Magazine) with some paint and stamped on the sides of the cupboard with the same colour I've painted the peg board in. I was also really lucky enough to find a gorgeous piece of fabric that is brown with a raised pink design to cover my chair and my cricuit cover. I like to put a fabric cover over my cricuit to protect it from dust.

I went to Bunnings and got boxes which I then stamped or covered in paper to match and use these to store stamps, bling, chipboard etc.  Gotta luv a free resource!

So I hope you get some ideas for how to store your stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby