40th Birthday Present












Here's a present I've been making and dying to show you all but of course couldn't because the surprise party for the recipient was this Sunday past.... so finally here it is.
I started with a Kaiser Album kit and then added a small photo album and another small notepad. The album is for all the photos of the day and the notepad gave everyone a place to sign. On the back page I added a clear pocket for holding all the cards and other momento's of the event. I used papers from my stash along with stickers and flowers and rub-ons from my stash so was then able to spend on a few bling stickers (Kaiser) and pearl stickers (also Kaiser) and then some co-ordinating ribbons. But the absolute BEST thing was I was able to finally get the puffy velvet marker! (For those of you who watch TV Weekly online you will of seen this product in action). It's a pen that writes like a normal pen but when you hit it with your heat gun the writing or swirls or stencil or whatever you have done with it (I did "Life begins" and "@") the writting puffs up and feels velvety. I've been searching for these in Australia for AGES! and finally Success! I love this type of product as they allow you to do lots of things for the one price outlay.
I love doing present projects because I can buy items I wouldn't normally pay for because it's a present and then use the leftovers for my own projects without guilt at the cost of the layout! LOL!
Anyway hope you like it.








































































































































































































































































Comments

Tracy said…
Simply Beautiful! I would like to replicate but I am new to scrapbooking. What is a Kaiser Album kit and where would I get it?

Thanks
The Scrap Miser said…
Hi tracy, If you're in Australia you can buy the Kaiser items at any scrapbook store. I have also found some at Crazy Clarks and various other discount stores. You should check out the kaiser site for stockists near you.http://www.kaisercraft.net/

I hope you enjoy getting into this craft as much as I have.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby