Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas


"Every year we go to the local shopping centre to get our photo done with Santa. This year the photo was very pink so I made this layout use the very untraditional pink and yellow christmas layout. The title was made using the "Ho Ho Ho" from the Brenda Walters K&Co range. I got these in a clear out bin for $3.95 for the entire sheet. I did splash out on two pieces of patterned paper to tie together the theme of christmas and my unusual christmas pink and yellow colour scheme. I used papers from the Skyes the Limit Cherry Christmas range as well as a sheet of yellow star embossed cardstock with a lovely shimmer in it that my Sister-in-law bought at CostCo's. This was topped off by a piece of paper towel I wet and dropped coloured paint onto and then dried. This was the cheapest element on my page.. being practically free. The christmas tree was from a Bella Sheet and cost $2.50 for the sheet. To add extra interest and texture I dry embossed the corner of the cardstock.

So to save on your scrapbooking pages you don't have to scrimp on everything just make the odd item yourself here and there to cut down the overall cost. Like making a background paper out of kitchen paper towel......LOL!






I inked the star at the top of the tree and covered the rest in paper, painted the trunk with a gold pen and then added kindy glitz like tinsel across the tree. The Merry Christmas was on the table at a function I attended once.





Here's a close up shot of the paper towel to show you how roughly done it was yet still effective!


















Comments

Deb D said…
I agree...I think that is the secret...recyling and using cheaper products combined with a little of just the right thing at the dearer price.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby