Glimmermisting Class Project - Sing like nobody's listening

This is a project I created for a glimmermisting class.  I had pulled this post (previously posted in March) as this project was to be publlished in the Cricut Magazine but now that it has gone to publication I can again show you my creation.

I am really loving my glimmermist at the moment and am trying to get as much done as possible before the Tim Holz Distress Pens come cause I know I'm gonna want ALL of those! LOL

So one of the things I love about glimmermisting is how pretty the effect of mixing colours comes up and how cheaply you can complete a project. This project uses three pieces of white cardstock attached to mini canvases.  The only extra costs are two little charms, a rub on from Kaisercraft, some acetate and styrofoam, toothpicks, some ribbon and the wings. Everything else was created from my three pieces of cardstock.

The techniques I used here were misting, pooling, masking, resist stamping and heat emboss stamping.  If you want to know how to do these techniques ring Arnolds and let them know you'd like to do the "Introduction to Glimmermisting Class" and we'll run another one when we have enough interest.  07 3293 4390

My cricuit came in handy for the windows and door (Sweet Tooth Boxes Cartridge) and the masks (Wall Decore and More Cartridge).

Don't be afraid to make your own masks. You can use the material cricuit puts out for making stencils or cut acetate which is what I did. (Hints: you will need to tape the acetate to your mat to ensure it doesn't move. Use a new mat or nearly new too as this will help get a better result.  Use multicut if your acetate is particularly thick.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby