Scrapbook Convention OMG

Well this long weekend just passed apart from having my daughter's birthday party I went to a scrapbook convention/fair whatever you call it at the Convention Centre. Talk about scrapbook heaven!

My best scrap buddy and I headed off first thing in the morning and spent the entire day, Sunday looking at all the stalls and attending classes and watching demonstrations. And of course we spent lots of money! We did work together on our purchases though to ensure we got maximum value for our money. A few of the products I thought were worth mentioning are the adhesive paper lace which you can colour any colour you like! For those willing to spend a bit more the watercolour crayons were very good value though not so cheap on the outlay at $69.00. But they last YEARS!

I must say though the rest of the show was same old same old. The cuttlebug was getting a bit of a plug and I saw a few cricut's and one wishblade but these aren't new so the innovations just weren't there this year.

My pick of the show was a stand by "Five Kids and a Dog". These enterprising women must have a cricut or similar and they cut out words, shapes and swirly bits out of cardstock, paper and light chipboard. $3 ea.

I bought a gorgeous chipboard word: "Ballet" I love the font used for it as it has flowers over the letters.

Anyway if you'd like to check them out at: www.scrapbookmania.com.au they claim to Always Have FREE postage.

I can't wait to try out my purchases so I'm trying to get the kids to bed early each night, but they're wise to me so to date I haven't given anything a test run....... I should have some photos' from my daughter's party to put up soon and hopefully a new layout or two? (Fingers crossed)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby