Proud Parents





While I was at my SIL's house last Sunday I was saying how I don't really like doing a full 12 x 12 layout for just one 6 x 4 photo so she gave me this really great 8 x 8 album. So the first photo I've done for the album is this one of our MIL and FIL at my SIL's wedding (confused?)... this is my husbands' mother and father at his brother's wedding. This is probably one of the nicest photos' we have of my mother-in-law as this was before the illness that took her life, though she wasn't hugely healthy at this point either but it's still one of the nicest photos' we have.


I loved this saying: "We sat side by side in the morning light and looked out at the future together." - Brian Andres.


It's a very simple layout. The patterned paper is from the DSWV range and a 12 x 12 sheet cost me around $0.38c. The plain paper is from the same company and also cost around $0.38c for a 12 x 12 sheet.... so I still have heaps left as I only used a 4 x 8 strip of each. The flower was a sheet from another block of paper 4 x 6 size that I took to my local scrapbook store and used their Sizzix Machine to create this flower. The stickers and rub-ons were left overs from other projects. The vellum saying came in a bulk pack I got from Crazy Clarks costing around $2.95 for 15. And finally the gem flowers came in a bulk pack of 100 for $2.00.

Comments

Deb D said…
8 x 8 albums are a great way to feature just one pic. Your LO is lovely...I like the simplicity...it doesn't take away from the photo. I absolutley love these type of photos, taken when the subjects aren't looking - a beautiful shot and memory for you to have. TFS
Deb D said…
oops...that is absolutely!! lol - on my way to work and typing tooooo fast! have a good one.
Anonymous said…
Looks Lovely Kyra. The photo is a nice one and the colours in the patterned paper suit the clothing the subjects are wearing nicely.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby