Attended my first LSS class!

Well I finally did it! I've been wanting to do this ever since I started scrapbooking (nearly 3 years ago now). But there was always a reason I couldn't manage it. 1. Not enough Money 2. Not enough Time 3. No Baby Sitter 4. Class was full 5. No Classes I liked the look of.......

Anyway long story short this time the planets were aligned perfectly and everything was perfect for me to do a class. The class I did was "Scrap a handbag mini book" at my LSS: Passion for Paper. We used the Fancy Pants range of papers and Bazzil Bling.

I also found my scrapmiser tendencies came in very handy! Everyone was cutting off thin strips of paper and throwing them away and I was gathering them up just as fast as I could. This was used to cover the strip of un-designed paper where they write the name of the paper and it's code etc at the manufacturers. All in all it was a great day! So I think today's tip is never throw anything away and when scrapping with other people check what they're throwing away! A miser will find a gold mine of free supplies in other peoples bins! One man's trash is another mans treasure.

I do love my handbag! It's so gorgeous..(I'll upload a photo of it in a day or two)... I don't know what photo's I'll put in it but I've definitely decided to make some more of these... My Cousin and his wife went on a holiday through Europe recently and I think this would be a fantastic album. I'll do a mini album on each place they stopped.... Can't wait!

Only problem is I have enough of a backlog of projects to tackle without creating new ones for myself... Oh well the work of a scrapper is never done! (Sigh)

Comments

did you ever post the handbag? Just wondering.
The Scrap Miser said…
I haven't posted the handbag yet! Very forgetful of me .... so I'm attending to that now! See my latest blog entry. Thanks for reminding me!

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby