Lots of scrapbooking Planned!

I'm feeling very lucky. I'm scrapbooking tonight. I have a plan for a friend to come over next Friday and scrapbook (she's a newbie so it's fun sharing techniques and info) then the following weekend I'm having a scrapbooking day with my best scrapbuddy..... aaah bliss can it get any better than this?

I'm working on a layout at the moment of my kids sharing an ice-cream. It's one of those moments I'll want to share with them when they're teenagers and hate each other ... lol... anyway I'm pushing my usual design style a bit. Since doing the challenges for the design team I'm finding I'm stepping out of my comfort zone more and more. In this case I'm using three pattern papers. They're co-ordinating papers so I didn't have to "match" them myself but I would usually only use one pattern and two plains or if using more patterns I would use them in small sections or blocks... this one is a layered effect with lots of inking and chipboard.... I'm even using a fourth effect on the chipboard by painting it.... so I think creatively I've grown....

I haven't grown out of my miserly ways though... thank goodness! Today I scored three "bling" flowers off my daughter's hairclips.... I get tired of purchasing so many hairclips! But now it doesn't matter so much because I only buy ones that I like the accessory for my scrapbooking... this means when (notice I say when and not if) the hairclip breaks I have get a new embellishment.... yeah thank goodness for shoddy workmanship....

I'll upload the layout I'm working on tomorrow for your feedback.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby