Card Making Magazine



Today I hit the mother load of good value purchases. I purchased this magazine at my local newsagent. At $11.95 it is a bit steep but pretty average for scrapbooking magazines here. But here's the good news. With my magazine I received a double sided embossing template..... FREE... as welll as three pages of free papers and pictures to use for making cards and then I noticed as an added bonus that the packaging the magazine came in has a butterfly and hearts printed on the plastic... so I think I'll get a use out of the plastic wrapping as well!
I find magazines to be one of those purchases I'd prefer to do without as I can definitely think of better things to spend $11 on... but when I get a free stencil and free papers with it.. how can I resist?
But if you'd like to minimise your magazine purchases I suggest you borrow them from the library to peruse whenever possible. Also if you have to buy magazines buy them with a friend or take the yearly subscription saving and share it with someone else. One of my girlfriends was given a yearly subscription for her birthday last year and this was the gift that just kept on giving. The yearly subscription gift was a set of tester sized ink pads in every colour imaginable, then every month she received a magazine in her mailbox and every edition had a free giveaway. This was definitely the kind of gift I could get very jealous of.... Except I got to look at all her magazines after she finished so it was hard to stay envious....
I definitely think borrowing the magazines from the library though is the way to save the most money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby