Kids Scrapbooking Classes at the Art Redcliffe Gallery


On the weekend I had the pleasure of teaching a couple of scrapbooking classes at the Redcliffe Art Gallery.  When I was asked to do this I was pretty stoked and the classes were just as enjoyable as I imagined. It's always nice to work with people who are so genuine and friendly.

For the class I made the above two simple examples for the kids to copy if they wanted to..... otherwise their creativity was the limit.  I also took in an album for them to see lots of different ways I've done my pages so they could take ideas from there too. I was amazed at how quickly they took to it. There was one charming little boy who is now a champion flower maker. He took to it like a duck to water. I told him I'd have lots for him to do at my house anytime! LOL

In the younger age group 4 - 6 they needed a little more help to do what they wanted but their ideas were so imaginitive. The little girl who was the shyest of the lot was the one with the most original finished product. The older group included my middle child who had to be my assistant for the first group (she loved it!).  I think I converted a few more people (mum's included) to scrapaddicts on Saturday.   When they were done we threaded ribbon through the holes for them to hang them and some gorgeous masterpieces were created.

So all in all it was a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby