All Children Need



So here we are with the same family portrait and I've used a different range of papers from the DCWV Linen Closette Paper Stack and one other apricot paper by My Minds Eye to decorate this page. I used a TimHolz Die for the bird and cage and a Queen & Co ribbon (the vine leaf) all the flowers were handmade out of the papers used with a cream one added to plump out the colour palette slightly.

I thought it would be good to show you how I've done three distinctly different canvas projects using the same photos (this is post 2 of 3 which will be up tomorrrow).

I often have people ask me about the process for choosing papers for a layout. In this case I chose the green of daughter number 2's skirt as the main colour and then added the light apricot to pick up the coral colour of our clothes.

When I'm choosing my papers for a layout I will look at the photo and see if there are any colours that dominate the photos. If so I will look for papers in that color range, sometimes pulling out 2, 3, or even 4 options.  For each option there are usually 2 or 3 papers in that option. I then lay them all out and then place my photos on each option and see which one I like best. Sometimes at this point I will go with a paper range because I have embellishments to suit my photos that match that range perfectly, sometimes I just choose the papers I like best and make my own ebellishments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby