Handbag Recipe Book





This is a recipe book that I made for a girlfriend of mine. She has written a recipe book which she sells on ebay (it's a gluten free, fructose free specialty recipe book) and I thought it might be nice for her to have somewhere to write all of her recipe's. I love the idea of using a handbag as she only ever has one handbag at a time (unlike me who when to the Zellows carpark sale last year and bought 6 handbags for $26 LOL) so she now has a few.... I also made here a notebook, address book and post-it note book all in the shape of handbags...

I mainly used paint to alter the handbag as it would of been a nightmare to try and cut in around the handles and locks etc. (With these cardboard bags alot of the time the locks don't come off like they do with larger items which simply screw into place.) I then used these gorgeous papers from BoBunny to complete the bag and small ring binder book I made for the inside to hold all the info. There are only two categories of recipe here "Delish" and "Sweet" as these were titles I cut from some of the patterned papers in the range. I covered them with dimensional magic to make them sturdier and to give a shine to them. Then I used simple cards from the stationary store to make up my pages. This means she can add to the book anytime she likes easily without me having to make or decorate new pages. I handmade the flower on the front of the bag using Bazzil bling. I love how it looks like it's made of leather now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby