Scrapbooking and time management

I'm often asked how I find the time to scrapbook? I think the keys here are to have a space you can leave a layout in progress sitting on. I also find the 12 x 12 paper bags my supplies are packaged in at the scrapbooking store invaluable for this. I place all the items in this bag and label it with my tittle so I can come back to a "layout" anytime in the future when I've assembled all the pieces I want.

I often pull out a few photo's for a layout then I pick a design. I may then take a week of TV time to cut out different things or make the embellishments, trim and mat my photos etc etc so when I finally sit down at my desk all the elements of my page are ready to glue down. I've even taken supplies to work with me and on my lunch break I'll stamp a title while eating my lunch or write my journalling.... anything I can take away with me is left aside for this purpose.

So in effect a page may actually take a week of 10 minutes here, an hour there before it's ready to officially start.

You don't have to sit down and do a page from start to finish in the one sitting. Also sometimes this way of breaking it down into smaller parts allows you time to come up with innovative ideas.... Give it a try and let me know how you do...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby