Here's a layout I did for my hubby to document how he feels for a change. I'm always doing layouts about my mum and my nana who I miss dearly.( Sorry I couldn't crop out my craft mat as the wings go off the edge of the page).  So a change of subject was definitely in order.

I do try to do layouts of my mother-in-law whenever possible but I just don't have the sheer number of photos of her. (My dad gave me all the photos in the house of my mum right back to her childhood when she died)

So how did I save on this layout? Well the cardboard was free.  I handmade all of the embellishments except the frame which I bought from K-Mart. I made all the flowers out of off-cuts of paper from other projects. I also made the wings in the top left hand corner by stamping on a scrap of acetate and then dusting fine  glitter over the wet ink. The little resin bird is a more expensive element but well worth it. I did save by doing the title and journalling by hand so I guess that makes up for the cost of the bird? LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby