Dog Tired Layout - Quick layout





This layout was really quick to complete. By using one large photo and a single patterned background cardstock (from DCWV Glitter Paper Stack) you minimise the work required. I hand cut the title from DCWV Mat Stack (white glitter). I don't like the time it takes to do this but more often than not it is the cheapest way to do your title. I then gave the letters a clean edge by running a felt tipped pen along the edge. Otherwise I felt the white letters weren't very visible on such a busy background. Pop dots were used to attach the title so it had more dimension. The ribbons were stapled to the cardstock used for my journalling which sits behind the photo as hidden journalling. The final touch was a few buttons in the colours of the paper.
This layout is very simple and isn't going to win any awards for the design but I think it's appropriate for the photo. I usually like to work with several photos as I'm keeping memories of a particular event, but in this case Pop took a great shot at the end of our trip to the Zoo that just perfectly rounded up DS's day.... So this photo (and another of DD) are being kept out of the rest of the zoo photos which will use animal print papers to decorate them.
I used such a busy happy patterned paper to set the mood of the rest of the day and to kind of emphasise how "Dog Tired" my darling boy was at this point.
Hope you like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby