60th Bday Present


This is a canvas I did as a present for my Best Friends' Mum.  She is such a wonderful lady and has been so great to me since my mum died I wanted to do something special for her.  This is the first of two canvases I did. One for her and one for her best friend. When doing a canvas I like to paint my canvas first and then use papers to accent my photo. I like to keep canvases really simple. Here I used one piece of cardstock with a martha stewart border punch and then some hearts and more of those handmade flowers I've been doing to add some colour to the layout.  I didn't have a punch or cartridge for my cricuit to cut the scalloped hearts so instead used a card I had received from a friend as a template to draw around and then hand cut the hearts.
I also added one large flower folded in half behind all my handmade blooms to give more ruffle to the layout.

When doing a canvas I like to do one photo and have the photo much larger proportionately than I would on a scrapbook layout and make that photo the star of the canvas ... but in this case I knew that my subjects don't really like how they look in photos so I have used a smaller photo and my flowers to cover most of my subjects leaving only their happy smlling faces free of embellishment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop of Kith and Kin Stamp Co Design Team

Ever sit down to scrapbook and you’re faced with this?

50 Ideas to Get Organized and Enjoy Your Scrapbooking Hobby